To continue on the last post: it is important to take account of what you say.
It’s NEVER JUST chit chat. Take cognisance of the potential harm of your words.
Before you say anything bad about an alleged “bad” person or a person’s “bad” deed, remember:
- Make 40 excuses for your Muslim brother / sister.
- Hide your Muslim brother or sister’s faults and Allah will hide your faults on the Day of Judgment.
[The Prophet (PBUH) told one of his companions, who was about to tell him (PBUH) something about someone else, not to tell him something bad about the next person lest he should judge that person upon meeting him/her.]
Lesson: No matter how badly someone may have hurt you or how wrong they were, do not tell people of how this person has wronged you, unless it’s absolutely necessary for mediation. Otherwise be quiet or very vague.
THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK:
Would you say those things in front of the person you are talking about in his/her absence? If not then hush!
“O ye who believe! avoid suspicion as much (as possible): For suspicion in some cases is a sin; and spy not on each other, nor speak ill of each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay you would abhor it . . .But fear God : For God is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.” (Quran:49;12)
Remember Surah Furqaan-the purpose of life:
The true virtues of the servant of God are:
1) they are humble and forbearing to those below them in spiritual worth
2) they are constantly in touch with Allah
3) they always remember the Day of Judgment
4) they are moderate in their behavior
5) They avoid treason to God, humans and themselves.
6) They stay clear of falsehood and futility
7) They pay attention to the signs of Allah
8) Their ambition in life is to bring up families in righteousness and to lead in all that is good.
Hence we see that the purpose of our being is to be praising our Lord by living the life He has mapped out for us. there is no point in revenge, in conjuring up past demons or spreading the word of those who have harmed you in the past…
I plead guilty. Pardon me my Lord and forgive me my errs…